Axar.az
UP
10 December 2018


St. Petersburg explosion suspect revealed - Photo

Home page Incident
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

Russian online news outlet Fontanka has published the photo of a person whom it said police were seeking over Monday's deadly blast on board a St. Petersburg metro train.

Axar.az reports that the grainy photo shows a middle-aged man with a beard and wearing a black hat.

Fontanka said the man had entered "Petrogradskaya" station 20 minutes before the blast happened on board a train, killing at least nine people in what Russian prosecutors are considering a terrorist attack...

Interfax news agency earlier quoted a source as saying that surveillance cameras had captured photos of the blast suspect.

Authorities in Russia's second-largest city believe a homemade bomb containing shrapnel caused the blast, which reportedly struck while the train was travelling between two stations.

There were conflicting reports on how many were wounded, with state media sources saying between 20 and 50.

Footage from the scene showed shattered windows and train doors that had been ripped open by the blast. Another homemade bomb was found undetonated at a nearby station.

The prosecutor general's office condemned the blast as a terrorist attack.

All underground stations in the city have been closed. About 3 million people use the St Petersburg underground every day.

Date
2017.04.03 / 21:44
Author
Axar.az
Comments
See also

5.1-magnitude quake hits Taiwan

4 killed, over 200 displaced as floods, in Indonesia

At least five local officials killed in Sudan plane crash

New Zealand police launch murder

Bank robbery shootout

Six dead dozens injured

Police receive hoax bomb call

2 dead, 17 injured after explosion at Italy gas station

US-led coalition airstrike kills over 30 civilians

30 Afghan civilians killed in battle with Taliban

Latest
 
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla