UP

Suicide bomber in Istanbul terror attack identified

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Suicide bomber in Istanbul terror attack identified

Police identified Friday one of the perpetrators of the terror attack in Istanbul which martyred 44 people and injured dozens of others, Axar.az reports quoting Anadolu Agency.

Istanbul anti-terror police said the suicide bomber was Burak Yavuz, a 20-year-old man from Turkey's southeastern province of Sanliurfa.

On Dec. 10 at around 10.30 p.m. (1930GMT), a car bomb went off outside a football stadium in Istanbul's Besiktas district, two hours after the end of a Turkish League football match.

Seconds later, a suicide bomb attack occurred in Macka Park in the same neighborhood.

The blasts martyred 44 people, mostly police officers, and 56 others are still under treatment at the hospitals, according to Istanbul Governor's office.

A total of 13 suspects linked to the bombings have been arrested so far. Over 20 suspects were also arrested for social media posts over Saturday night's terror attack in Istanbul, anti-terror police said.

Date
2016.12.16 / 22:59
Author
Axar.az
See also

Orban accuses Ukraine of funding Hungarian opposition

EU Commissioner for Enlargement to visit Armenia

Third round of Russia-Ukraine talks began

Three killed in blast at military facility in Russia

Iran-US talks in Geneva concluded

Russia rejects European accusations over Navalny poisoning

5.1-magnitude earthquake hits Almaty

US increases military pressure on Iran ahead of talks

Russia to fully block Telegram from April 1

US civil rights leader Jesse Jackson dies aged 84

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla