Axar.az
UP
21 September 2017


Civilians attacked military base in Venezuela

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

The attack targeting the Paramacay military base in Venezuela was carried out by a group of civilians, the country's Defense Minister Vladimir Padrino Lopez said Sunday.

Axar.az reports citing Sputnik.

Earlier in the day, media reported that a group of people wearing military uniform attacked the military base. Vice President of the Venezuelan ruling United Socialist Party Diosdado Cabello said that the attack was of "terrorist" nature.

"This action was carried out by a group of civilian criminals wearing military uniform and by a defect leutenant," Lopez said in the statement.

The Venezuelan official added that part of the group succeeded to steal weapons from the base.

In recent months, the Latin American country has been hit by numerous protests that have already resulted in numerous deaths. The tensions emerged amid the economic crisis and the decision of the Supreme Court to limit functions of the country's parliament controlled by opposition, as well as the election to the Constituent Assembly, a new legislative body with the power to amend the constitution.

Date
2017.08.06 / 22:58
Author
Axar.az
Comments
Загрузка...
See also

US air force expands bombing campaigns in Afghanistan

Putin, Erdogan may have telephone conversation soon

Ilham Aliyev met with Secretary-General of UN

Russia killed 850 militants in Syria in last 24 hours

Peacekeepers can use force only for self-defence

Trump war plan has better chance than Obama's

Erdogan criticizes US court over political bias

Houthi drone shot down in Yemen’s Lahij province

Rouhani refers to Trump as 'rogue newcomer'

Zakharova said that Morgan Freeman framed

Latest
 
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla