Axar.az
UP
23 May 2018


Argentina offers $ 4.9 mln reward for information

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

Argentina’s authorities have declared a 98 mln peso ($ 4.9 mln) reward for information that could help find the ARA San Juan submarine that went missing last November. The statement was published on Wednesday by the Argentine defense ministry, the Telam agency reported.

Axar.az reports citing TASS.

The reward will be given to a person who "will provide information and reliable data that will make it possible to pinpoint the exact location" of the submarine. The document highlights that the authorities "consider it necessary to continue to allocate budget and material resources to continue the search" for the submarine, but for this purpose "private sector enterprises" should be involved as well.

The San Juan diesel-electric submarine that left Argentina’s city of Ushuaia carrying 44 crew members onboard was lost on November 15. On November 30, Argentina’s navy called off the rescue operation, but the search for the submarine continues.

Argentine Navy Spokesman Enrique Balbi said earlier that the end date for the participation of Russian experts and the Yantar oceanographic vessel in the search operation has not been declared yet. However, he admitted that international help cannot continue forever.

Date
2018.02.14 / 22:14
Author
Axar.az
Comments
See also

Venezuela expels US diplomat

Iran ‘ready to return to pre-nuke deal era’: Official

Trump says summit with Kim may be delayed

UK calls refusal from Iran nuclear deal catastrophe

Unarmed protesters intentionally targeted by Israel in Gaza

Kremlin dismisses US media allegations, says ‘trust Putin'

Lavrov discusses Syrian peace process with Cavusoglu

EU slams Pompeo's Iran strategy

Trump urges Venezuelan authorities to restore democracy

Erdogan: Turkey to not give up on Jerusalem

Latest
 
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla