UP

UN, US and Jordan to take part in Astana talks

Home page Politics
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
UN, US and Jordan to take part in Astana talks

The United Nations, the United States and Jordan have confirmed that their representatives will participate in the Astana international meeting on Syria as observers, Kazakhstan’s First Deputy Foreign Minister Mukhtar Tleuberdi said on Tuesday.

Axar.az reports citing TASS. "Observers will remain the same," he said.

"A high-level delegation from the United Nations will come, as UN Special Envoy for Syria Staffan de Mistura has confirmed his participation. Jordan will also take part while the United States will be represented by an assistant secretary of state," Tleuberdi added.

Kazakhstan’s Foreign Ministry has confirmed that the Syrian armed opposition will take part in the international meeting on Syria this time:

"Yes, they have confirmed (their participation). We are waiting for them. They are to arrive within the next few hours," the minister said when asked about the possibility of the Syrian opposition’s participation in the talks.

According to Tleuberdi, "all those who were invited have confirmed their participation."

"As many as 16 representatives of various groups have arrived in Astana."

Officials said earlier that Mohammed Alloush headed the Syrian armed opposition delegation.

Date
2017.05.02 / 12:24
Author
Axar.az
See also

Gafarova departs for Russia to attend CIS IPA meetings

Azerbaijan, UN-Habitat launch Baku Urban Award

Bayramov meets EU official Olaf Skoog in Baku

Leadership of Ministry of Defense visits Turkiye

Azerbaijan, Pakistan discuss economic cooperation

Putin arrives in China for official visit

Bayramov holds talks with Sudanese Foreign Minister

NGO Forum held at Azerbaijan's initiative for first time

Aliyev awarded honorary doctorate by Kyiv University

Ilham Aliyev receives Slovak Deputy Prime Minister

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla