UP

Maduro repudiates Trump's quarantine threat

Home page Politics
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Maduro repudiates Trump's quarantine threat

Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro has lashed out at his American counterpart, Donald Trump, over his recent threats to impose a blockade or a quarantine on the South American country, saying that his government is prepared for battle in the event of such a move by Washington.

Axar.az reports citing PressTV that “All of Venezuela, in a civic-military union, repudiates and rejects the statements of Donald Trump about a supposed quarantine, of a supposed blockade,” Maduro said in a state television broadcast on Friday.

“We are all prepared for battle if anyone tries to impose a quarantine or blockade on Venezuela,” said Maduro, adding that the threat only shows the “desperation and irritation” of the Trump administration.

Maduro, who has said that he would “meet even with the devil to keep the peace in Venezuela,” said earlier last month that he was certain a peace agreement will be reached until the end of the year.

Date
2019.08.03 / 15:43
Author
Axar.az
See also

Azerbaijan offers condolences to CAR over deaths of miners

Armenia to expand trade ties with Azerbaijan by 2031

Fourth republic currently being built in Armenia

Azerbaijan continues humanitarian aid to countries in need

Azerbaijan congratulates Afghanistan on National Day - Photo

Norman: Honored to present credentials to Aliyev

Yushchenko: Aliyev and I have 20 years of friendship

Azerbaijan’s ambassador to Turkiye presents credentials

Azerbaijan sues CNN over biased report

Aliyev thanks UK for demining assistance

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla