Axar.az
UP

Arrest warrants issued for 243 army personnel

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

Istanbul prosecutor has issued arrest warrants for 243 military personnel over alleged links to the Gulenist Terror Group (FETO) as part of the ongoing investigation into last year's coup attempt, judicial sources said on Wednesday.

The suspects were being sought on specific accusations they were using ByLock, an encyrpted smartphone messaging app used by the FETO for communication, said judicial sources who spoke on condition of anonymity.

The smartphone app is believed to have been cracked by Turkish security agencies before the defeated coup, and they reportedly identified tens of thousands of members of FETO, a group the government has said was behind the attempted takeover.

The ByLock codes were broken in August, resulting in 60,000 members being uncovered. Another encrypted messaging app, Eagle, was also deciphered by intelligence officers recently.

Prosecutors say that ByLock was popular among Gulenists as a secretive form of communication from 2013 to 2015.

Date
2017.01.18 / 14:48
Author
Axar.az
Comments
See also

Cuba will not agree to a Russian military base

He will represent Azerbaijan in Beijing 2022

We deceived ourselves, and the result was a 44-day war

Social media is a disaster for the Turkish language

Zelensky is invited to Russia

Kyrgyzstan evacuated 11 thousand citizens from the border

N.Korea confirms latest weapons tests

We are waiting for a statement from Azerbaijan - Mirzoyan

The Prime Minister of Canada has contracted corona

Pakistani army attacked: 11 dead

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla