UP

About 66,000 people displaced in northerin Syria

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
About 66,000 people displaced in northerin Syria

Around 66,000 people were displaced as result of intense fighting in the northern part of Syria that is engulfed in a civil war, the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) said on Sunday in a statement.

Axar.az reports that, Al-Bab, which had been under control of the Daesh terror group, outlawed in Russia, was taken by the Syrian opposition forces supported by Turkey as part of the Euphrates Shield operation in late February.

“A total of almost 66,000 people were displaced in recent fighting. This includes nearly 40,000 people from Al-Bab city and nearby Tadef town, as well as, 26,000 people from communities to the east of al-Bab city,” the statement said.

Date
2017.03.05 / 13:38
Author
Axar.az
See also

Iran’s Army Chief warns Trump against military action

Azerbaijan, Serbia outline future cooperation plans

Iran open to compromises to reach a nuclear deal with US

Russia updates Ukrainian army losses for 1453rd Day

Kallas calls for limiting Russian forces

Canada wants regime change in Iran

Orban: Hungary should fear Brussels, not Russia

Obama: Aliens exist, debunks area 51 myths

Hillary Clinton calls Trump’s Ukraine policy “disgraceful”

Hamas disarmament process to begin in March

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla