UP

Russia, US informed about Turkey’s operation

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Russia, US informed about Turkey’s operation

Russia and the US have been informed about the beginning of Turkey’s military operations in Syria, Fikri Isik, Turkish national defense minister, said, the Turkish Milliyet newspaper wrote Aug. 25 citing NTV channel.

According to the minister, later Iran was also informed about the military operations.

"Ankara failed to inform Damascus about the beginning of military operations because of the lack of relations with the Syrian government," Isik said.

On Aug. 24 morning, the Turkish Air Force with the support of the coalition aircraft launched an operation to liberate the city of Jarabulus from the IS militants in northern Syria, near Aleppo city.

The operation was carried out under the name “Shield of the Euphrates.”

Earlier, it was reported that Turkish tanks entered Syria. Syria has been suffering from an armed conflict since March 2011, which, according to the UN, has so far claimed over 500,000 lives.

Militants from various armed groups are confronting the Syrian government troops. The “Islamic State” (IS, ISIL, ISIS or Daesh) is the most active terrorist group in Syria.

Date
2016.08.25 / 16:59
Author
Axar.az
See also

Philippine ferry death toll climbs to 62

Armenian Prime Minister visits U.S.

Vance: We don't want Iran to get nuclear weapon

WSJ: Iran is ready to suspend uranium enrichment

First European flight lands in Caracas since Maduro’s ouster

Witkoff says ‘meaningful progress’ made in Ukraine talks

Russia strikes Ukraine amid Geneva talks - Zelensky

Five injured in New York church explosion

Hillary Clinton: Bill had no close ties to Epstein

Progress in Iran talks, gaps remain - US

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla