UP

Halted military aid for Ukraine may start flowing again

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

Halted shipments of some American military aid to Ukraine could resume after a series of high-level meetings in Italy and Ukraine over the coming week.

Axar.az reports, citing Politico, these meetings could be the key to resuming some of the aid were paused earlier this month.

President Donald Trump’s Ukraine envoy Keith Kellogg will meet with Ukrainian Defense Minister Rustem Umerov in Rome at an international aid conference followed by a meeting in Kyiv this week and next, with the issue of aid sure to be at the top of the agenda. The Ukrainian government sees the resumption of air defense and precision munitions as critical to its war effort, as Russia has hit civilian targets hard in some of the largest drone and missile strikes of the war over the last two weeks.

The U.S. has indicated to Kyiv that deliveries of engineering equipment and some armored vehicles will resume soon, though no timeline has been given yet, according to the people, who were granted anonymity to share details of ongoing discussions.

Speaking to reporters on Monday night, Trump confirmed that more aid would be sent to Ukraine but did not offer specifics. “We’re going to send some more weapons. We have to. They have to be able to defend themselves. They’re getting hit very hard now ... We have to send more weapons, defensive weapons, primarily, but they’re getting hit very, very hard. So many people are dying in that mess.”

Please read the full article here.

Date
2025.07.08 / 11:54
Author
Axar.az
See also

Israel army says strikes Hezbollah site in south Lebanon

Ukraine updates Russian losses on Day 1285

India’s Modi meets Xi on his first China trip in seven years

Hamas spokesperson Abu Obeida killed in Israeli strike

Trump says he will order voter ID requirement for every vote

Putin arrives in China’s Tianjin for security summit

Hamas confirms death of its military leader Mohammed Sinwar

Ukrainian drone strike hits commercial site in Belgorod

Erdogan visits China for the SCO summit

Germany accuses Russia of undermining national stability

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla