|Home page Interview|
Axar.az presents the exclusive interview with the young String artist, architect Habiba Huseynova.
– Please, introduce yourself.
– I am Habiba Huseynova, an architect and a string artist who is 22 years old.
– Why did you choose to be busy with String art?
– It is totally different and unknown art field.
– What feeling do you get while creating new artwork with this technique?
– It makes me feel calm, I become out of stress and it is relaxing. It takes all negative energies from me. After finishing an artwork, its beauty makes me feel better.
– Do you think to combine the string art with architecture?
– Yes, I have already used in my own final project in Bachelor degree. I had presented my final project and it was a 39 storey business center located on the seashore of Caspian Sea. Related to its site I had decided to design its first 3 floors as a shopping mall like waveform, the rest of the building was office units with fish silhouette outside. I had decided to use string art in my physical model for to express my idea in the best way.
– What did you get as a result, how were the reactions of professors?
– I took part in different architectural competitions such as the competition between the Eurasian countries in Cyprus. I was awarded a 2nd degree diploma on my nominee. In addition, the rector and vice-rector of Near East University appreciated my physical model with string art. In the end, they invited me to work as a teacher to teach string art, in addition, offered to study free master degree.
– Are you able to apply your string art where you study and work?
– I start my first preparations at the university. Next year I will teach it professionally. Now I am just teaching my students after classes. In Baku, I had taught in different paid courses.
– What is your next target after finishing education? Do you want to continue with string art as a hobby?
– It will be really sad if I approach this as a hobby, I spent so much time to improve myself and be a professional in this field. I want to teach students how to do this at the first opportunity.
2017.03.30 / 11:24