UP

Bosnia 'monitoring' FETO developments

Home page Politics
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Bosnia 'monitoring' FETO developments

Bosnia and Herzegovina's foreign minister confirmed Friday the country was in touch with Turkey concerning schools linked to the Fetullah Terrorist Organization (FETO).

Igor Crnadak spoke at a news conference in Banja Luka following an official visit to Turkey's capital Ankara on Thursday.

"Turkey considers that this organization is dangerous, so it warns Bosnia, like other countries," he said. However, he denied Bosnia was coming under pressure from Turkey over the presence of such schools in the Balkan country.

"[Bosnian] entities and cantons have authorities for these schools. Our position is to monitor developments and stay in touch with Turkey. However, we do not have any pressure from Turkey," said Crnadak.

Turkey's government has repeatedly said the deadly July 15 coup attempt, which killed more than 240 people and injured nearly 2,200 others, was organized by U.S.-based Fetullah Gulen's followers and FETO.

FETO operates a total of 40 schools in the region including 15 institutions in Bosnia, 12 in Albania, seven in Macedonia, five in Kosovo and one in Serbia.

Schools affiliated with FETO in Bosnia and Herzegovina include four preschools, five elementary schools, five high schools and one university operating in areas including the capital Sarajevo plus Mostar, Bihac, Zenica and Tuzla.

Earlier on Friday, a written statement from Bosna Sema Educational Institutions -- which has associations with FETO organizations -- said that negotiations for the sale of properties to investment fund U.S. Global Invest had been successful.

The terror network has operated in Bosnia and Herzegovina since 1998, establishing Bosna Sema education facilities the same year.

Sarajevo’s International Burch University has an effective role in structuring the network. In the tourism sector, the well-known company Fidan provides public employees with tours to Turkey. Fetullah Gulen’s books are available in Bosnian through Hikmet Publications.

Led by U.S.-based Gulen, FETO is accused of orchestrating the July coup attempt as well as being behind a long-running campaign to overthrow the state through the infiltration of Turkish institutions, particularly the military, police and judiciary.

Date
2016.11.11 / 21:59
Author
Axar.Az
See also

Norman: Honored to present credentials to Aliyev

Yushchenko: Aliyev and I have 20 years of friendship

Azerbaijan’s ambassador to Turkiye presents credentials

Azerbaijan sues CNN over biased report

Aliyev thanks UK for demining assistance

Aliyev receives newly appointed UK ambassador - Photo

Elchin Yusubov holds talks in Romanian Parliament - Photo

Ukraine, Azerbaijan energy cooperation has high potential

Azerbaijan exports $17.372M worth of goods to Armenia

Three Russian citizens placed on international wanted list

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla