Axar.az
UP
16 December 2018


Israel destroys Palestinian homes in Jerusalem

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

Israeli regime forces have destroyed four Palestinian residential units in a village in the occupied Jerusalem al-Quds.

The Israeli forces attacked the Az-Zaeem Village on Monday, using bulldozers to demolish the four buildings.

Separately, an Israeli soldier was wounded during intense clashes that erupted on Monday evening between Palestinian youths and Israeli military forces in the al-Eisaviya Village in the occupied Quds, the local Quds news outlet reported. The Israeli forces took into custody 13 Palestinians following the confrontation.

Israeli military gunships also separately targeted Palestinian fishing boats off the waters of the Gaza Strip.

Israeli soldiers also raided the house of a Palestinian, identified as Omar Hamarshe, in the town of Ya’bod in the West Bank city of Jenin, arresting him.

In yet another development in the occupied territories, 109 Israeli settlers, backed by Israeli troops, entered the tomb of Prophet Joseph east of Nablus, leading to scuffles between the intruding settlers and the local Palestinians in the area.

Over the past months, Israeli forces have fatally shot many Palestinians in the occupied territories, alleging that they had attempted to attack the Israelis.

The Israeli regime has come under fire by rights groups for promoting a shoot-to-kill policy against local Palestinians. The US-based rights group Human Rights Watch (HRW) voiced deep concerns in January over the rising number of Israeli authorities encouraging soldiers to kill Palestinians even when they do not pose a threat.

The HRW released a report on January 2 documenting the numerous statements since October 2015 by senior Israeli officials calling on police and military to shoot dead suspected Palestinian assailants.

“It’s not just about potentially rogue soldiers, but also about senior Israeli officials who publicly tell forces to unlawfully shoot to kill,” said the HRW’s Israel/Palestine Advocacy Director Sari Bashi.

The report noted that, since October 2015, there had been over 150 confirmed instances of Israeli forces fatally shooting Palestinian children and adults “suspected” of attempting to attack Israelis.

Date
2017.04.04 / 15:24
Author
Axar.az
Comments
See also

Russian parliamentary delegation visit to Moldova

"Obamacare struck down as unconstitutional disaster"

EU leaders call for enhancing bloc’s strategic autonomy

Nigeria reverses suspension of UNICEF operations

Turkey to continue anti-terror...

Traffic disrupted in Paris, police take up positions

11 die, more than 90 fall sick after eating temple food

Romania says EU working on conference

Qatar says counts on Kuwait

Macron was wrong considering climate change

Latest
 
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla