UP

North Korea dismisses the dialog with the US

Home page Politics
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
North Korea dismisses the dialog with the US

North Korea says it has “no interest” in resuming negotiations with the United States unless Washington stops “escalating hostile military moves” in the region, as the White House intends to revive stalled nuclear talks with Pyongyang.

Axar.az reports citing Presstv that North Korean leader Kim Jong-un and US President Donald Trump have so far met three times to discuss a persisting dispute over the North’s nuclear and ballistic missile programs.

Trump and Kim, however, briefly met again at the Korean border in late June, when the pair agreed to kick-start working-level talks.

On Wednesday, US special representative for North Korea Stephen Biegun, who is in Seoul for talks with South Korean officials, said that they were “prepared to engage as soon as we hear from our counterparts in North Korea.”

Date
2019.08.22 / 11:21
Author
Axar.az
See also

Aliyev, Pashinyan pictured together at Washington summit

Azerbaijan Embassy comments on Washington hotel incident

Azerbaijan and Slovenia presidents exchange letters

President shares video from Washington meeting - Video

President Ilham Aliyev concluded visit to United States

Aliyev shares update on Peace Council’s first meeting - Photo

Azerbaijan may consider Gaza investments via Board of Peace

Ilham Aliyev attends inaugural Peace Council session - Photo

Europe answers Trump's call on Ukraine

US presses NATO for major reset, ending mission in Iraq

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla