UP

Lebanon urges Hezbollah to avoid US‑Iran conflict

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Lebanon urges Hezbollah to avoid US‑Iran conflict

The Lebanese government has urged the Iran-backed militant group Hezbollah not to get involved if any fighting erupts between the United States and Iran, the Lebanese foreign minister said Tuesday, expressing concerns about a new possible conflict with Israel.

Axar.az informs, citing AP, speaking to a small group of journalists in Geneva, Youssef Rajji said Lebanese officials had been warned that in the event of another Israel-Hezbollah war, Israel would strike harder against civilian infrastructure across Lebanon than in the previous round of fighting.

The appeal comes amid growing concerns that the US might carry out new strikes against Iran . Iran held annual military drills with Russia on Thursday as a second US aircraft carrier drew closer to the Middle East.

Date
2026.02.24 / 17:54
Author
Axar.az
See also

British couple on new hunger strike in Iranian jail

Flood triggers mass evacuation in Turkiye

Merz pitches 'associate' EU membership for Ukraine

Nimitz aircraft carrier enters Caribbean Sea

Russian military losses updated on day 1548

Two killed in Ukrainian drone strike on Syzran - Video

PGSA announces ‘controlled maritime zone’ at Hormuz

NATO warns Russia over nuclear attack on Ukraine

Chinese President Xi likely to visit N. Korea soon

U.S. Marines board Iranian-flagged tanker in Gulf of Oman

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla