UP

US talks Raqqah seizure with Turkey

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
US talks Raqqah seizure with Turkey

The U.S. and Turkey are deliberating the "final seizure of Raqqah", Defense Ash Secretary Ash Carter said Wednesday.

"With respect to Raqqah, we intend to go there soon with the force that is capable of doing that, and enveloping the city of Raqqah," Carter told reporters at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri.

"Then final seizure of Raqqah. We continue to talk to Turkey about that, and a possible role for Turkey in that further down the road."

The defense chief said cooperation between the U.S. and Turkey in Syria is "extremely important," in light of the success of Operation Euphrates Shield that Ankara launched in August to clear Daesh along its border from Jarabulus and Azaz.

Carter also commend a Turkish-backed operation that used the Free Syrian Army late last month to retake the Syrian city of Dabiq that Daesh named its propaganda magazine.

Date
2016.11.03 / 09:14
Author
Axar.az
See also

US jets intercept Russian planes near Alaska

Saudi Crown Prince hints at bomb if Iran goes nuclear

Trump says he is considering limited military strike on Iran

Iran to submit draft proposal in days, says Araghchi

Ukrainian losses updated on the 1,458th day of the war

Europe’s main military powers to develop low-cost air-defense

UN says it risks halting Somalia aid due to funding cuts

Japanese leader Takaichi warns of China 'coercion'

UK foreign minister will meet Rubio

Norway relocates soldiers in Mideast

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla