UP

Ukraine request from Interpol on international list

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Ukraine request from Interpol on international list

Kiev’s Pechersky court has sent documents to Interpol asking to put the Scythian gold on the international wanted list, the press service of the Ukrainian Prosecutor General’s Office said on Friday.

"At the request of a prosecutor, Kiev’s Pechersky district court arrested museum exhibits. The resolution by the investigating judge was sent to Interpol with an aim of ensuring international search for the arrested property," the press service said.

Ukrainian Prosecutor General’s Office is also carrying out a prejudicial enquiry into the refusal of the Dutch museum to return exhibits from the "Crimea - Golden Island in the Black Sea" exhibition.

The pieces from the Crimean museums with an insurance value of more than €1 mln, were presented at the exhibition hosted by the Allard Pierson Museum, the archaeological museum of the University of Amsterdam, from February to August 2014. Uncertainty arose after Crimea reunited with Russia in early 2014. Moscow and Kiev both laid claims to the precious pieces.

In this regard, the University of Amsterdam suspended the return procedure until the dispute was resolved on legal grounds or the parties came to terms.

Crimea’s representatives have said on various occasions that they have every right to claim the artifacts since they all had been unearthed on Crimean territory and had been kept in Crimea’s museums.

The case was initiated by the Crimean museums that brought a lawsuit against the University of Amsterdam in November 2014 demanding the return of the collection, consisting of around 2,000 items. In April, Amsterdam’s District court granted Ukraine's request to be a party in the lawsuit "since it has claimed the disputed objects."

The verdict in the case is expected to be made on December 14.

Date
2016.12.03 / 09:57
Author
Axar.az
See also

Toxic gas leak at mine in Nigeria kills 37 people

Former South Korean President sentenced to life in prison

Rubio plans to update Netanyahu on US-Iran talks in Israel

US military prepared to strike Iran as early as this weekend

Friedrich Merz backs possible social media ban for children

Ukraine updates Russian losses for day 1457 of war

Germany eyes more F-35s as European fighter program stalls

Gas explosion kills 13, injures 14 in Pakistan

US to withdraw all troops from Syria

iPhone's emergency SOS feature helped rescue skiers

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla