UP

Russia shuts down candy factory of Poroshenko

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Russia shuts down candy factory of Poroshenko

The decision to close the Russian factory of the Roshen candy manufacturer, which belongs to Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko, was made independently by the company's shareholders, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said Friday.

Axar.az reports that, earlier in the day, Roshen said that it had decided to shut down the Russian factory due to "political and economic reasons."

"This is the decision of the shareholders [of Roshen], you know that the work was carried out there [as a part of criminal investigation], and that the president has made statements about this, in fact, the company was able to continue work, but if the shareholders decided so then it's their sovereign decision," Peskov told reporters.

Roshen produces 450,000 metric tons of sweets annually. The corporation has factories in Ukraine, Lithuania, Hungary and Russia.

Date
2017.01.21 / 09:29
Author
Axar.az
See also

Bessen: Major US military actions against Iran unlikely

Death toll in Zimbabwe ferry accident rises to 97

US approves possible $4.5B sale of KC-46A tankers to Qatar

Seven countries condemn Israel’s E1 settlement plan

Iran condemns new US sanctions as economic terrorism

Drone debris sparks fire at Kyiv business center

47 killed in boat capsizing in northwestern Nigeria

Moscow awaits US, Turkiye response on Ukraine arms

Houthis claim attacks on Najran airport, Aramco facility

Extreme heat kills more than 4,400 people in Spain

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla