UP

Chavushoghlu's rally in Hamburg canceled

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Chavushoghlu's rally in Hamburg canceled

The fourth public appearance by Turkish ministers to campaign ahead of the April 16 referendum was canceled by a German local authority on Monday.

Axar.az reports that, police in the city of Hamburg said a venue where Foreign Minister Mevlut Chavushoghlu had planned to speak Tuesday could not be used "after serious fire safety deficiencies were identified and the use of the property was immediately prohibited".

Previously on Friday, Cologne authorities withdrew permission for a hall to be used for a speech by Economy Minister Nihat Zeybekci in Frechen on the outskirts of the city.

Last Thursday, German authorities also banned Justice Minister Bekir Bozdag from meeting with Turks in the western German town of Gaggenau, citing inadequate meeting facilities and parking lots as excuses for the ban.

Bozdağ strongly condemned the decision, calling the decision a purely fascist practice. Despite strong reactions from Turkish politicians, Gaggenau Mayor Michael Pfeiffer said the decision was not a political one.

In the wake of the incident, the Turkish Foreign Ministry summoned the German Ambassador to Ankara Martin Erdmann and he was received by the deputy secretary responsible for European affairs Mehmet Kemal Bozay. Turkey's written démarche was also delivered to Erdmann.

Likewise, a hotel in Germany's northern port city of Hamburg cancelled Foreign Minister Mevlut Chavushoghlu's scheduled March 7 conference, also citing security reasons. Chavushoghlu has had three phone calls with his German counterpart in the last two days and the two foreign ministers are scheduled to meet on Wednesday.

Date
2017.03.06 / 22:44
Author
Axar.az
See also

2,652 UAVs launched toward Moscow region in one week

Russia strikes cargo ship at Ukraine’s Chornomorsk port

10 injured in drone attack on Sevastopol

Putin: Kyiv opened 'Pandora’s box' by striking Russia

Ghalibaf: Iran receives messages on new regional order

Israel says it warned Syria before Abu Duhur strike

Iran’s army shifts from defensive to offensive doctrine

12 suspects detained in second Kuris operation in Turkiye

Ukrainian military losses updated on day 1641

Russian ballistic strike kills 1, injures 5 in Kyiv - Video

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla