UP

Ivanka’s broken heart sparks US attack on Syria

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Ivanka’s broken heart sparks US attack on Syria

US President Donald Trump’s dramatic decision to order a missile strike on Syria was sparked by his eldest daughter, Ivanka, who was “heartbroken” over a suspected chemical attack in Syria, says a report.

Axar.az reports that Trump, who has long opposed military intervention in Syria, ordered the military attack on a Syrian airbase in Homs province on Friday. The attack was launched just a day after he accused President Bashar al-Assad for last week’s suspected chemical weapons attack, which killed at least 70 people in the town of Khan Shaykhun in Idlib province.

Citing a source close to the first family, The Daily Express reported on Saturday that “Ivanka was infuriated over the lack of a direct response in the immediate aftermath of the Syrian attack.”

Donald Trump receives a briefing on the Syria military strike from the National Security team via secure video teleconference on April 06, 2017 at the Mar a Lago estate in West Palm Beach, Florida. (Photo via AFP)
The morning after the suspected chemical attack, Ivanka tweeted: "Heartbroken and outraged by the images coming out of Syria following the atrocious chemical attack today.”

Following her comments, Trump’s stance on a military response began to change, according to the source, who was speaking on condition of anonymity. “The response was quite immediate and clearly helped changed her father’s views on the issue of Syria."

“She often counsels her father and was very clear that action needed to be taken against Assad in some form,” the source added. “Increasingly, Ivanka is having more and more influence over her father,” said the source.

Following the US missile strike, which killed nine Syrians, Ivanka took to twitter again and wrote, “Proud of my father for refusing to accept these horrendous crimes against humanity.”

Date
2017.04.08 / 20:59
Author
Axar.az
See also

Ukraine should seek peace without full victory

Trump threatens force against Maduro

Putin manipulates Trump to prolong the Ukraine war

Ex-NATO Chief warns of risk of Ukraine’s disintegration

Hungary: No EU permission needed for talks with Russia

Dubinsky: Zelensky no longer controls anything

Russia approves record 2026 war-time budget

Turkiye is concerned over attacks on Black Sea tankers

Guinea-Bissau announces 28-member transitional government

NATO was created to defend against Russia

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla