UP

Pentagon hosts new Lebanon-Israel military talks

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Pentagon hosts new Lebanon-Israel military talks

The Pentagon hosted the first round of a new military dialogue between Lebanon and Israel on Friday, despite continued Israeli strikes on what it says are Hezbollah targets across Lebanon.

Axar.az repor, citing Al Arabiya, the Lebanese Armed Forces’ director of operations and the head of the Israeli military’s strategic division led their respective delegations.

Friday’s meeting was part of a US-brokered track of direct negotiations between the two neighboring countries. The Trump administration launched the talks earlier this year, with Lebanese and Israeli envoys to Washington holding meetings at the State Department and the White House.

During the most recent round, both sides elevated their political representation and agreed to establish a separate military channel led by the Pentagon.

Friday marked the first meeting under that framework. A fourth round of political talks is expected to take place in Washington in the coming days as negotiations continue on a parallel track.

Meanwhile, clashes between Israel and Hezbollah continued along the Lebanese-Israeli border, with Israel expanding the areas it occupies inside Lebanon.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Friday that Israeli forces had crossed Lebanon’s Litani River and were operating in Beirut and the Bekaa Valley as part of ongoing actions against Hezbollah.

As the delegations met, Lebanon’s President Joseph Aoun held a phone call with Secretary of State Marco Rubio and voiced the importance of a ceasefire with Israel.

According to a statement from Aoun’s office, the president said a ceasefire is crucial to pave way toward “any other steps.”

Date
2026.05.29 / 21:36
Author
Axar.az
See also

Russia strikes Ukraine’s port infrastructure, vessels

Russian military losses updated on day 1636

Barzani condemns Iranian drone attacks on his office

Russia builds at least 10 bases for new drone attacks

Fake Khamenei-Pezeshkian meeting footage circulates online - Video

EU to significantly expand sanctions on Russia

Iran sees us-israel ceasefire as preparation for new war

Tabriz-Yerevan flights to resume after two years

Iran slams Canada over support for US war

OTS chief attends great Hun -Turkic Kurultaj in Hungary

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla