UP

Britain suspends election campaign after attack

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Britain suspends election campaign after attack

Britain's political parties have agreed to suspend election campaigning until further notice following an explosion in Manchester that killed 19 people at a concert by U.S. singer Ariana Grande.

Axar.az reports citing Reuters, Jeremy Corbyn, the leader of the opposition Labour Party, said in a statement that he had spoken to Prime Minister Theresa May and had agreed that all national campaigning for the June 8 election would be suspended.

May said earlier that the incident in the northern English city was being treated as a terrorist attack.

"I am horrified by the horrendous events in Manchester last night," Corbyn said. "My thoughts are with families and friends of those who have died and been injured."

Date
2017.05.23 / 09:49
Author
Axar.az
See also

Ryazan oil refinery halted output after drone attack

Lithuania issues air alert over drone detection

Pashinyan: Karapetyan is an FSB officer of Russia

Russian, Chinese leaders sign multipolar world declaration

Xi says all hostilities must end immediately in Middle East

Pentagon reduced brigades in Europe from four to three

EU strikes deal on Trump trade pact

Putin thanks Xi Jinping for warm welcome

5.6 magnitude quake hits Turkiye - Video

Magnitude 4.7 earthquake strikes Southern Iran region

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla