UP

Civilians attacked military base in Venezuela

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Civilians attacked military base in Venezuela

The attack targeting the Paramacay military base in Venezuela was carried out by a group of civilians, the country's Defense Minister Vladimir Padrino Lopez said Sunday.

Axar.az reports citing Sputnik.

Earlier in the day, media reported that a group of people wearing military uniform attacked the military base. Vice President of the Venezuelan ruling United Socialist Party Diosdado Cabello said that the attack was of "terrorist" nature.

"This action was carried out by a group of civilian criminals wearing military uniform and by a defect leutenant," Lopez said in the statement.

The Venezuelan official added that part of the group succeeded to steal weapons from the base.

In recent months, the Latin American country has been hit by numerous protests that have already resulted in numerous deaths. The tensions emerged amid the economic crisis and the decision of the Supreme Court to limit functions of the country's parliament controlled by opposition, as well as the election to the Constituent Assembly, a new legislative body with the power to amend the constitution.

Date
2017.08.06 / 22:58
Author
Axar.az
See also

Russia struck Kyiv again: death toll rises

Ukraine war losses updated

Armenia extends detention of Catholicos’s brother and son

Turkiye targets Latin American market with drones

Turkish Foreign Minister to visit Iran tomorrow

VIRAT tanker attacked in the Black Sea

Russian army losses updated on 1,375th day of war

Planned gas pipeline sabotage foiled in Moscow Oblast

Putin: Nothing is more enjoyable than creativity

128 dead: Hong Kong announces mourning period

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla