UP

Trump says New York attacker should get death penalty

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Trump says New York attacker should get death penalty

President Donald Trump said Wednesday that the man who killed eight people in a terror attack in New York City should get a death penalty.

Axar.az reports citing Politico

"NYC terrorist was happy as he asked to hang ISIS (Daesh) flag in his hospital room. He killed 8 people, badly injured 12. SHOULD GET DEATH PENALTY!" Trump wrote on Twitter, referring to the Daesh terror group.

The president had earlier said he would consider sending Saipov to Guantanamo Bay, the US military detention center in Cuba that has been used to indefinitely hold suspected foreign terrorists.

Investigators said Wednesday that the man who mowed down cyclists and pedestrians in New York the day before had confessed to acting in the name of Daesh and said that he "felt good" about the killings.

Prosecutors have filed charges against Sayfullo Saipov, a 29-year-old Uzbek immigrant, who they said began planning the attack a year ago.

Date
2017.11.02 / 10:12
Author
Axar.az
See also

Iraq seeks Iran’s explanation over drone attack on Barzani

Erdogan, Burnham discuss Turkiye-UK ties in phone call

Armenia, India deepens cooperation in defense industry

Trump: Iran will not make deal he considers necessary

Fidan, Araghchi discuss Hormuz talks and ceasefire

Ukraine recapture Andriivka-Klevtsove settlements

Trump says Kim Jong Un open to talks with US

Helicopter crash on Greek island of Sifnos kills three

Israel, Board of Peace to establish two Gaza working groups

Russia struck two cargo vessels in Ukrainian ports

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla