Axar.az
UP
9 April 2020


The U.S. hopes for talks after the latest N.K tests

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

North Korea’s latest missile launches did not violate a pledge its leader Kim Jong Un made to U.S. President Donald Trump, a senior U.S. official said on Thursday, but efforts to resume denuclearization talks remained in doubt.

Axar.az reports citing Reuters that Kim oversaw the first test-firing of a “new-type large-caliber multiple launches guided rocket system” on Wednesday, North Korean state media reported.

North Korean state television showed rockets launching from a vehicle that had been blurred in photos to obscure its features.

It followed six days after the launch of two short-range ballistic missiles, North Korea’s first tests since Kim and Trump met on June 30 and agreed to revive stalled denuclearization talks.

The latest launches were intended to put pressure on South Korea and the United States to stop upcoming military drills and came as diplomats criss-cross the region this week in the hope of restarting the talks.

“The firing of these missiles don’t violate the pledge that Kim Jong Un made to the president about intercontinental-range ballistic missiles,” U.S. national security adviser John Bolton said in an interview with Fox Business News.

Date
2019.08.01 / 12:17
Author
Axar.az
Comments
See also

UK: Number of extremely poor people will rise

An explosion in the center of Moscow

Pompeo disappointed Iran - We won`t help

20 times increase in prices - Duma chairman protested

Houthis responded to the Saudi ceasefire with rockets

Russia has agreed to reduce oil production

Coronavirus cases in Armenia have exceeded 900

Saudi Arabia suspends war in Yemen - the reason

The United States will deploy troops to Iraq again

Syria asks for Russia’s help in combating COVID-19

Latest
 
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla