UP

Saudi king approves U.S. military deployment

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Saudi king approves U.S. military deployment

Saudi Arabia’s king and crown prince have approved the deployment of additional U.S. troops and equipment, after an attack last month on the kingdom’s oil facilities.

Axar.az reports citing Reuters.

The United States announced a deployment of about 3,000 troops to the Gulf state, including fighter squadrons, an air expeditionary wing and air defense personnel, amid heightened tensions with Saudi’s arch-rival Iran.

President Donald Trump said the Saudis had agreed to pay for the deployment. The SPA report said only that it came in the context of “historic relations and (a) well-established partnership” between the two countries.

Date
2019.10.13 / 09:11
Author
Axar.az
See also

iPhone's emergency SOS feature helped rescue skiers

Earthquake of magnitude 5.5 strikes southern Iran

Eight skiers found dead after California avalanche

US issues ultimatum to Iran over nuclear program

US may use Diego Garcia, Fairford if Iran rejects deal

Trump to deliver State of the Union address on Feb 24

Zuckerberg testifies in landmark social media trial

Israeli military enters Saysun and Masartiya in Syria

Merz rules out Germany acquiring nuclear weapons

Technical framework set for Ukraine ceasefire

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla