Axar.az
UP
6 July 2020


Israel-Gaza ceasefire holding despite rocket fire

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

A ceasefire between Israel and militants in Gaza appears to be holding, despite the launch of several rockets hours after it took effect.

Axar.az reports citing foreign media.

The truce ended two days of intense fighting in which militants fired some 450 rockets towards Israel and Israeli aircraft carried out waves of strikes.

Early on Thursday, a family of eight were killed in an air strike in Gaza.

The fighting left 34 Palestinians dead and 111 injured in total, while 63 Israelis needed medical treatment.

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said 25 of the Palestinian fatalities were militants.

The escalation began on Tuesday when a senior commander of Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ), Baha Abu al-Ata, and his wife were killed in an Israeli air strike.

The Israeli prime minister said Abu al-Ata was "responsible for most of the terror attacks in the last year from the Gaza Strip" and called him a "ticking bomb".

Date
2019.11.14 / 21:53
Author
Axar.az
Comments
See also

Lukashenko: The control system could collapse

Israel wants Iran to withdraw from the agreement

A gesture from Russia to the elder of the Turkic world

What unites Erdogan and Ataturk - French newspaper

Oil decision from Riyadh: prices rose

Libya activates S-125: 5 more are under construction

We are ready to negotiate with Israel - Mahmoud Abbas

A new and powerful corona attack on Israel began

8 people died of coronavirus in Armenia in one day

Rouhani: The Iranian people suffer because of this war

Latest
 
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla