|Home page Interview|
Axar.az presents interview with golden winner of III Islamic Solidarity Games Boris Kirillov.
– When have you seen the pool for the first time?
– When I saw pool for the first time, I was 3 years old. My father is swimming coach and that's why I have spent my whole childhood at his work, pool. I was swimming for myself at the beginning, but then my father has started to teach me. He taught me for some period, after that I have continued my training with the group of my godfather.
– When did you reach your first victory?
– My first victory was at III Islamic Solidarity Games. But before that I had small wins also. I have been champion of the republic when I was 14. Till now, I have won around 100 state championship, around 50 state records and wins in Turkish, Slovakian, Georgian and Belarussian championships.
– Islamic Solidarity Games are coming. Which successes do you have in Islamic Solidarity Games?
– Attending III Islamic Games was my dream. I told myself that it will be great success if I will swim in the final stage. And I took 1st place. It was really surprising for me; 1st participation and I took 1st place.
– What are your expectations from this Islamic Games?
– I have great responsibility, because this time it will be held in my motherland - Baku. Of course it is a dream of every sportsman to rise his country's flag at home contest and hear the national anthem. I will do my best to repeat my previous success.
– Who is your role model and favorite sportsman?
– There are a lot of role models for me. In swimming branch U.S. swimmer Michael Phelps, Ryan Lochte, Russian swimmer Vladimir Morozov. Beside them Messi, Roy Johns and Khabib Nurmagomedov. I am preparing myself by listening Roy John's song before every competition.
2017.03.07 / 10:36