UP

London Mayor: 'Trump is not welcome here'

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
London Mayor: 'Trump is not welcome here'

Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan commented on Trump cancelling his London trip, saying in a Twitter post that many Londoners "have made it clear" that the US president is "not welcome" in the British capital due to his "divisive agenda."

Axar.az reports citing sputniknews.com.

A spokesperson for PM May said Friday that US President Trump has accepted the invitation to visit the UK and is welcome in London.

"The invitation has been extended and accepted. The US is one of our oldest and most valued allies and our strong and deep partnership will endure," the spokesperson said, adding that no date has been confirmed for the visit.

Relations between Washington and London soured late last year after Trump's retweets of anti-Muslim videos from a British far-right group, which triggered tensions between Washington and London. Disagreements widened in December after the UK criticized Trump’s decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

An the end of November 2016, a petition to stop Trump’s making an official visit to Britain was launched on the country's Government and Parliament website and by May 2017 had gained over 1.8 million signatures in a backlash to Trump’s controversial ban on citizens from seven Muslim-majorities countries from entering the US.

Date
2018.01.12 / 16:10
Author
Axar.az
See also

Iran to temporarily close part of the Strait of Hormuz

Greek PM cancels Abu Dhabi visit

Iran–US talks held with Khamenei’s approval

Ukraine strikes Russia’s Metafrax chemicals plant

Iran, U.S. agree on principles for new nuclear deal

Russia updates Ukrainian military losses

Iran rehires 10,000 retired teachers to address shortage

Khamenei says even rioters are “our children”

France releases Russia ‘shadow fleet’ tanker after fine

Orban accuses Ukraine of funding Hungarian opposition

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla