UP

Niger: Floods this July claimed 22 lives

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Niger: Floods this July claimed 22 lives

A total of 22 people have been killed in floods in Niger since early July, an official of the West African country said on state television on Thursday.

Axar.az informs citing

Laouan Magagi, minister for humanitarian affairs and disaster management, announced the statistics for seasonal floods spanning July 1 to Aug. 6.

Magagi said more than 3,000 houses were destroyed and 50,000 people were affected by the floods.

He added that around 2,000 people were left homeless in Niamey, the country's capital, alone.

In last year's floods, 56 people were killed and 206,000 people were affected.

Date
2018.08.09 / 23:33
Author
Axar.az
See also

Zelensky “buying time” with Yermak's resignation

Sviridenko considered for Yermak’s former post

Explosion on chemical tanker near the Istanbul Strait

US ready to recognize Russia’s control for peace deal

Armenia–Turkiye hold new railway talks

Ukraine names delegation for upcoming talks with the US

Ukraine’s Presidential Chief of Staff resigns

Azerbaijan-Armenia hold 12th border delimitation meeting

Putin and Orban hold over 3-hour meeting in Moscow

Orban visits Moscow without EU mandate - Merz

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla