UP

Cisco pulling all online ads from YouTube

Home page Society
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Cisco pulling all online ads from YouTube

Network gear maker Cisco Systems Inc is pulling all online ads from YouTube due to fears of the ads appearing on sensitive content on the platform, Cisco's chief marketing officer, Karen Walker, said in a blog on Wednesday.

Axar.az informs citing Reuters.

The blog on Thursday seemed to have been removed from Cisco's website. The company did not respond to a request seeking comment.

Walker, in the blog, said she would not like the company's ads to "accidentally end up in the wrong place, such as on a streaming video with sensitive content," adding that the network gear maker will continue to use YouTube as a platform to share Cisco's video content.

Alphabet Inc's Google, which owns YouTube, did not respond to a request for comment outside regular business hours.

Cisco's action follows a CNN report in April that said ads from over 300 companies, including Cisco, ran on extremist channels on YouTube.

The companies may have unknowingly helped finance some of these channels through the advertisements they paid for YouTube, according to the CNN report.

YouTube said in a report released last month that it had deleted about 5 million videos from its platform for content policy violations in last year's fourth quarter before any viewers saw them.

Date
2018.05.11 / 13:44
Author
Axar.az
See also

ADY holds first info session at WUF13

Heydarov meets Belarusian Construction Minister in Baku

Wang: Only with secure housing people can live happily

Hajiyev: Work continues on Baku–Tbilisi rail restoration

Rossbach: The world today is facing a housing crisis

Shusha and Trabzon become sister cities

Hikmet Hajiyev: Grant support for anti-Azerbaijan actors declines

Baku features Leaders’ Statements at WUF13 - Photo

UN official praises Karabakh reconstruction

Georgia secures Azerbaijan gas for 20 more years

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla