UP

Strait of Hormuz shipping traffic back to pre-war levels

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Strait of Hormuz shipping traffic back to pre-war levels

Ship traffic through the Strait of Hormuz has returned to levels seen before the conflict with Iran, U.S. Energy Secretary Chris Wright said Sunday, despite Tehran's claims that the strategic waterway had been closed.

Axar.az reports, citing Fox News, Wright said 67 ships transited the strait on Saturday, up from 55 the previous day.

“In terms of oil and oil products, about equal to where we were before the conflict,” he told Fox News, adding that “traffic is flowing through the Straits quite nicely” thanks to the U.S. military presence in the region.

He also said the United States has opened an alternative shipping route south of the strait and has been escorting vessels through it.

“We've been escorting ships through that for several weeks now, and at very high levels today,” Wright said, noting that Iran has not yet “demined” a central shipping channel.

The comments came after Tehran said it had again closed the Strait of Hormuz over Israel’s military campaign in Lebanon, a claim disputed by Washington.

President Donald Trump said 19 million barrels of oil passed through the strait on Saturday.

Date
2026.06.21 / 20:30
Author
Axar.az
See also

Pashinyan plans to recall Armenia’s ambassador to Russia

USS Abraham Lincoln leaves Middle East after nine-month

Trump says US had ‘no choice’ but to strike Iran

North Korea sends KN-30 missiles to Russia

Eight killed in Alaska charter plane crash

Ukrainian drones strike oil refinery in Perm - Video

Pirates hijack two ships carrying 22 Indians

Zelensky sanctions ‘Masha and the Bear’ creators

US sanctions 10 over Hizballah cash-smuggling network

Bessen: Major US military actions against Iran unlikely

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla