UP

Police arrest 3 women in counterterrorism raid

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Police arrest 3 women in counterterrorism raid

3 young women were arrested under anti-terrorism laws in east London on Monday in connection with a security operation in the capital last week, police said.

Axar.az reports citing DailySabah.

The two 18-year-old and one 19-year-old women were held on suspicion of the commission, preparation and instigation of terrorist acts, the Metropolitan Police force said .

"The arrests were made as part of an ongoing intelligence-led operation in connection with an address on Harlesden Road," the police said in a statement, referring to the location of a raid by armed counter-terrorism officers in northwest London on Thursday evening.

Police at the time said that raid had disrupted an active militant plot.

Monday's arrests came days after a man was arrested carrying knives near Prime Minister Theresa May's office in Westminster, and just over a month after a British-born convert to Islam ploughed a car into pedestrians on Westminster Bridge.

On Thursday, armed counter-terrorism officers using tear gas stormed the house in the Willesden area of the capital and shot a woman in her 20s.

She was released from hosital on Sunday, then herself arrested on suspicion of committing terror offences.

So far, a total of 10 people have been arrested as part of the investigation. None have yet been charged or identified.

Britain has been on its second-highest alert level of "severe" since August 2014, meaning an attack by militants is considered highly likely.

Date
2017.05.01 / 17:12
Author
Axar.az
See also

Germany urges citizens to leave Iran over potential US strike

Hungary blocks €90bn EU loan to Ukraine

US strikes on Iran could target individual leaders

Two killed in attack on Russia’s Belgorod region

Supreme Court strikes down most of Trump's tariffs

US jets intercept Russian planes near Alaska

Saudi Crown Prince hints at bomb if Iran goes nuclear

Trump says he is considering limited military strike on Iran

Iran to submit draft proposal in days, says Araghchi

Ukrainian losses updated on the 1,458th day of the war

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla