UP

World's heaviest plane departs to Argentina

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
World's heaviest plane departs to Argentina

The Argentinian Navy said earlier it was informed by a US agency about a "hydro-acoustic anomaly" that was detected shortly after it made the last contact with the San Juan sub on November 15.

Axar.az informs citing sputniknews.com that on Thursday, the Argentinian Navy has concentrated its efforts to find the missing submarine in the area where a sound consistent with an explosion was recorded, spokesman Enrique Balbi said Thursday.

Ten ships and three aircraft have been scouring the designated area in the South Atlantic, the Navy said in a statement, adding search efforts were also continuing in other areas, "although without favorable results."

Meantime, Relatives of the 44 missing crew members who were aboard a submarine when it vanished in the ocean lashed out at the Navy on after the hope of finding them alive dimmed.

Claudio Rodriguez, whose brother was on board the sub, told sputnik he had expressed his frustration to the admiral in charge of the Mar del Plata naval base, the submarine’s destination.

"I told the admiral that if they are responsible for what has happened to my brother, a national hero, and other crew, we expect that they pay for this," Rodriguez said.

Earlier on in the day, Argentinian media has reported that Russia was preparing to send one of the world’s largest cargo planes and a special bathyscaph to search for a missing Argentinian sub in the South Atlantic.
The aircraft described by the Todo Noticias news channel appears to be an Antonov An-124 Ruslan, which can carry up to 150 tonnes of cargo and special equipment.

Russian President Vladimir Putin called his Argentinian counterpart Mauricio Macri on Wednesday to offer him assistance of a Russian high-tech oceanographic vessel. The Argentinian leader had thanked Russia for help.

Russia has become the thirteenth country to join the operation to rescue the missing ARA San Juan submarine.

Meanwhile, families and friends of the sailors have gathered in Mar del Plata to wait for the news about the fate of ARA San Juan, after it disappeared off the radar more than a week ago. The missing vessel had reportedly enough oxygen to last for six days.

Date
2017.11.24 / 10:24
Author
Axar.az
See also

Bavaria’s PM warns against a break with the USA

Iran fires Sayyad-3 missile in Strait of Hormuz drill

Russia updates figures on Ukrainian military losses

Zelensky, NATO chief discuss trilateral peace talks

Fico threatens Ukraine amid Ukraine pipeline dispute

Trump lauds Syria’s al-Sharaa for stabilizing country

Turkish Airlines cancels New York flights amid bad weather

Zelensky sanctions 225 captains of Russia’s shadow fleet

Iran prepares itself for a potential US strike - Analysis

Israeli officials believe US, Iran at unbridgeable impasse

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla