Axar.az
UP
3 June 2020


Palestine urges Arab League meeting on Gaza killings

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

Palestine on Sunday called on the Arab League to hold an emergency meeting on "Israeli crimes against Land Marches," Palestine’s ambassador to Cairo told.

Axar.az reports citing Anadolu Agency.

Diab al-Louh said his country had submitted a memorandum to the Arab League to hold an emergency meeting at the level of permanent representatives over Israel’s crimes and use of force against peaceful demonstrators during Land Day protests on Friday.

Anadolu Agency has so far been unable to get Arab League comment on the proposal.

On Saturday, al-Louh said in a statement that Israel is carrying out "brutal massacres" of Palestinians, stressing that the "return marches" confirm the rejection of any compromises affecting refugees.

He further called on the international community to shoulder its responsibility for the Israeli practices of intimidation, displacement, murder, and ethnic cleansing against defenseless Palestinians.

On Saturday, President Mahmoud Abbas declared a national day of mourning for the Land Day martyrs.

On Friday, tens of thousands converged on the Gaza Strip’s roughly 45-kilometer-long eastern border with Israel to reaffirm their right to return to their ancestral homes in historical Palestine.

In anticipation of the mass demonstrations, Israel had deployed thousands of troops along the border. Dubbed the “Great March of Return,” the protests also intended to pressure Israel to lift its more than decade-long blockade of Gaza.

Israeli forces’ attacks on the demonstrators left 17 Palestinians martyred and nearly 1,500 people injured.

The rallies were endorsed by virtually all Palestinian political factions, which repeatedly stressed the event’s peaceful nature.

Land Day is an annual Palestinian commemoration of the deaths of six Arab Israeli citizens killed by Israeli forces in 1976, during demonstrations against government land confiscations in northern Israel.

Date
2018.04.01 / 22:58
Author
Axar.az
Comments
See also

Austrian FM: "Austria not opening border to Italy yet"

Trump: ‘National Guard is ready’ to take action in NYC

Turkey`s Defense Minister stated on FETO

50,000 coronavirus deaths as lockdown breaks down

Kazakhstan refuses to join the Union State with Russia

Nikol is not infected with the coronavirus - Asryan

The deputy of Sarraj arrived in Moscow

Pope's shocking statement: The US has defeated itself

No US base is being built in Kazakhstan - President

Turkey`s reaction to the events in the United States

Latest
 
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla