UP

US pulls 'non-emergency staff' from Iraq

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
US pulls 'non-emergency staff' from Iraq

The US state department has ordered the departure of "non-emergency employees" from Iraq, amid rising tensions between the US and Iraq's neighbour Iran.

Staff at the embassy in Baghdad and the consulate in Irbil must leave as soon as possible on commercial transport.

Meanwhile, the German and Dutch armies have suspended training Iraqi soldiers.

The US military said on Tuesday that the threat level in the Middle East had been raised in response to intelligence about Iran-backed forces in the region.

It contradicted a British general who had said there was "no increased threat".

Chris Ghika, deputy commander of the global coalition against the Islamic State group, had told reporters that measures in place to protect US forces and their allies from Iran-backed militias in Iraq and Syria were "completely satisfactory".

Date
2019.05.15 / 23:57
Author
Axar.az
See also

Ukraine strikes Yeysk port in Russia

Four injured in drone attack on Ozon logistics center - Video

Trump calls Strait of Hormuz ‘American territory’

At least 16 killed in Russian drone strike on Kryvyi Rih

Russian missile strike kills railway worker in Kyiv

Russia has no navy in Mediterranean for first time in decade

Two killed in plane crash in Croatia

Armenian court lifts detention of 'HayaQve' coordinator

Explosion rocks weapons depot in Libya’s Misrata

Georgia, Armenia discuss bilateral cooperation

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla