UP

Trump restricts entry from Brazil due to pandemic

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Trump restricts entry from Brazil due to pandemic

The U.S. will prohibit the entry of most non-U.S. citizens arriving from Brazil, where coronavirus cases have spiked to the second highest in the world, expanding restrictions already placed on visitors from China and Europe.

Axar.az reports citing foreign media that the order begins at 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, at which point the entry of foreigners who’ve been in Brazil during the 14-day period before their arrival into the U.S. will be halted, White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany said Sunday.

The restrictions, foreshadowed earlier on Sunday by National Security Adviser Robert O’Brien, don’t apply to the flow of commerce between the U.S. and Brazil. Exemptions apply for various individuals.

Trump said last week he was considering barring the entry of flights from Brazil, and he continued to float the idea, culminating in Sunday’s directive.

Date
2020.05.25 / 15:56
Author
Axar.az
See also

EU to significantly expand sanctions on Russia

Iran sees us-israel ceasefire as preparation for new war

Tabriz-Yerevan flights to resume after two years

Iran slams Canada over support for US war

OTS chief attends great Hun -Turkic Kurultaj in Hungary

US admiral acknowledges fatigue among USS Lincoln crew

Hamas urges mediators to pressure Israel on Gaza ceasefire

Six killed in Ukrainian strike on Belgorod village

Pilot seriously injured in Essex airshow incident

Iran displays downed US drones and fighter jet - Photo

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla