UP

Five civilians dead, 7 hurt in Afghanistan mine blasts

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Five civilians dead, 7 hurt in Afghanistan mine blasts

At least five civilians died and seven more were injured in two land mine blasts in Afghanistan.

Axar.az reports, officials said on Friday that A car hit a land mine on the main highway in the restive southern Helmand province a little before noon, killing all five passengers, according to Umer Zwak, spokesman for the provincial governor.

He accused the Taliban of planting mines on roads to target security forces.

The insurgents, who have previously rejected such charges, are yet to comment on the incident.

In the western Herat province, which borders Iran, seven women were hurt when a passenger bus struck a land mine in the Kashk-e-Kohna district.

Three of the wounded were in a critical state, according to provincial administration officials, who also blamed the Taliban for the incident.

Date
2021.04.02 / 18:32
Author
Axar.az
See also

Iran VP: US sanctions will have opposite effect

Panama‑flagged cargo ship sinks off eastern India

Canada suspends US trade talks after tariff dispute

A 5.9-magnitude earthquake struck Japan

Seven killed, including two police officers, in UK crash

Israel says Hamas commander killed in central Gaza strike

2,652 UAVs launched toward Moscow region in one week

Russia strikes cargo ship at Ukraine’s Chornomorsk port

10 injured in drone attack on Sevastopol

Putin: Kyiv opened 'Pandora’s box' by striking Russia

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla