Axar.az
UP
29 January 2020


Albania seeks arrests for quake deaths in collapsed buildings

Home page Incident
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

Albanian prosecutors have issued a series of arrest warrants on charges including murder and abuse of office over the deaths of 51 people killed when a 6.4-magnitude earthquake toppled dozens of buildings last month, police said on Saturday.

Axar.az reports citing Reuters.

Police and prosecutors said initial investigations showed “the loss of life in the collapsed buildings came also because their builders, engineers and owners had failed to observe the rules, norms and standards of safe constructions.”

Prosecutors issued 17 warrants in total, police said. Two of the nine people detained on Saturday on murder charges were the owners of two hotels that collapsed, killing four people in Durres, Albania’s second-biggest city and main port.

A third was the manager of a police vacation hotel where a high-ranking police officer was killed under the rubble.

Date
2019.12.15 / 11:33
Author
Axar.az
Comments
See also

Solomon shakes: 6 magnitude earthquake ...

Ukrainian troops come under mortar fire in Donbas

Terrible attack on Aramco by Houthis - Breaking

US airplane crash killed 4 in Iraq

7.7 magnitude earthquake occurred in this country - Breaking

Earthquake hits S Iran again

Opponents of the Soros Foundation were detained

Haftar hit school: Dozens killed and injured

Airstrike carried out in Somalia killed one terrorist

Regime, Russian airstrikes kill 5 civilians in Syria

Latest
 
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla