UP

Fillon says he will remain in the race

Home page Politics
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Fillon says he will remain in the race

French conservative presidential candidate Francois Fillon said on the France 2 television channel on Sunday that he would remain in the race even as defections from his campaign continue.

Earlier, the embattled candidate, in a show of force, spoke before tens of thousands of supporters in a rally at Trocadero Square in Paris.

"I have to question myself about those who have doubts on me and who abandoned the ship. Both they and I have great responsibilities," he said.

Dozens of conservative MPs have walked away from Fillon's campaign since Wednesday when he revealed he had been summoned over allegations he provided bogus parliamentary jobs for members of his family.

The conservative candidate insisted, however, that he would not quit the race despite being summoned to appear before magistrates on March 15, likely to be formally charged.

Date
2017.03.06 / 09:48
Author
Axar.az
See also

Serbia’s Vucic shares WUF13 moments with Aliyev - Photos

Hakan Fidan meets Friedrich Merz in Berlin

Aliyev attends WUF13 opening ceremony - Video

Aliyev highlights Azerbaijan at WUF13 opening - Video

Ukraine has productive cooperation with Azerbaijan

Modernization works on Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway completed

Azerbaijan's experience will make our work easier

President Aliyev met with Shavkat Mirziyoyev - Photo

Belarus experts join construction in Aghdam

Irakli Kobakhidze thanked Azerbaijan for WUF13

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla