UP

Tanker crew abandons vessel after projectile strike in Hormuz

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Tanker crew abandons vessel after projectile strike in Hormuz

A tanker in the Strait of Hormuz reported being struck by an unknown projectile, forcing its crew to abandon the vessel and board a lifeboat, the United Kingdom Maritime Trade Operations agency (UKMTO) said on Tuesday.

Axar.az reports, citing Reuters, UKMTO said it had received multiple reports on Tuesday that a tanker had broadcast over VHF Channel 16 that it had been hit by an unknown projectile. The incident was reported eight nautical miles east of Oman’s Limah and authorities were investigating.

UKMTO said the tanker’s company security officer had reported that the crew had abandoned the vessel and were aboard a lifeboat and no environmental impact had been reported.

UKMTO did not identify the ship or its owner.

Date
2026.07.21 / 14:54
Author
Axar.az
See also

Egypt in contact with Iran to de-escalate tensions

Tokayev removes Nazarbayev’s special foreign policy right

Russian strikes Zhytomyr police headquarters kills two

Kim Yo Jong warns Japan of devastating strike

European gas prices hit highest level since March

Ukrainian army losses updated on 1,638th day of war

Iranian opposition leader Fouad Pashaei targeted in LA

Iran receives $7.5B in oil revenues in first four months

Ukrainian attacks cause damage but no critical harm

23 killed in bus-truck collision in Brazil’s Parana

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla