UP

Bombing kills 30, injures 67 in northeast Nigeria

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Bombing kills 30, injures 67 in northeast Nigeria

Two women suicide bombers blew themselves up at a bustling market in northeast Nigeria's Madagali town on Friday morning, killing at least 30 people and wounding 67, an army spokesman told The Associated Press.

Axar.az informs, the attack comes as Nigeria's government claims it is routing the Boko Haram Islamic extremists blamed for the blasts.

The explosions occurred on the edge of the extremist group's Sambisa Forest stronghold, which Nigeria's military has been bombing ahead of ground assaults. Since the military has dislodged the insurgents from towns and villages this year, they have been attacking soft targets.

Madagali was liberated last year after months in the hands of Boko Haram. It is 150 kilometres (95 miles) southeast of the biggest northeastern city, Maiduguri.

Friday's blasts struck simultaneously at opposite ends of the market selling grains and vegetables, according to Ahmadu Gulak, a driver who was buying tea there.

Rescue workers evacuated the bodies of 30 people and took 67 wounded victims to a nearby hospital, an army spokesman, Maj. Badere Akintoye, said.

Date
2016.12.09 / 20:29
Author
Axar.az
See also

Russia struck Kyiv again: death toll rises

Ukraine war losses updated

Armenia extends detention of Catholicos’s brother and son

Turkiye targets Latin American market with drones

Turkish Foreign Minister to visit Iran tomorrow

VIRAT tanker attacked in the Black Sea

Russian army losses updated on 1,375th day of war

Planned gas pipeline sabotage foiled in Moscow Oblast

Putin: Nothing is more enjoyable than creativity

128 dead: Hong Kong announces mourning period

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla