UP

China will give back seized drone

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
China will give back seized drone

China’s Defence Ministry said on Saturday it had been in talks with the United States about returning an underwater drone taken by a Chinese naval vessel in the South China Sea, but the U.S. was not helping by “hyping up” the issue.

The drone was taken on Thursday, the first seizure of its kind in recent memory, about 50 nautical miles northwest of Subic Bay off the Philippines, just as the USNS Bowditch was about to retrieve the unmanned underwater vehicle (UUV), U.S. officials said.

The Defence Ministry said a Chinese naval vessel discovered a piece of “unidentified equipment” and checked it to prevent any navigational safety issues, before discovering it was a U.S. drone.

“China decided to return it to the U.S. side in an appropriate manner, and China and the U.S. have all along been in communication about it,” the ministry said on its website.

“During this process, the U.S. side’s unilateral and open hyping up is inappropriate, and is not beneficial to the smooth resolution of this issue. We express regret at this,” it added.

Date
2016.12.17 / 22:29
Author
Axar.az
See also

Tokayev: Too early to discuss another presidential term

Armenian soldier found dead with gunshot wound

Kazakhstan’s Kurultai election turnout exceeds 53%

Pakistan army chief to visit Tehran on Monday

Iran-linked hackers shut down UK power plant for four days

Zelensky holds talks with Finnish, Latvian and Swedish PMs

Canada wants benefits of statehood without joining US

Russian army losses updated 1,642nd day of war

Trump’s Iran attack increased desire for nuclear weapons

Macron announces increased support for Ukraine

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla