UP

Sudan army says retakes key district in Khartoum

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Sudan army says retakes key district in Khartoum

Sudan’s military said Saturday that it had regained control of a key district in greater Khartoum as it presses its advance against the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF).

Axar.az report that, citing AFP, the district of Kafouri in Khartoum North, or Bahri, had been under RSF control since war between the army and the paramilitaries began in April 2023.

In a statement, military spokesman Nabil Abdullah said that army forces, alongside allied units, had “completed on Friday the clearing of” Kafouri and other areas in Sharq El Nil, 15 kilometers to the east, of what he described as “remnants of the Dagalo terrorist militias.”

The developments mark one of the army’s most significant offensives since the war broke out between army chief Abdel Fattah al-Burhan and his former ally Dagalo’s RSF, which quickly seized much of Khartoum and other strategic areas.

The conflict has devastated the country, displacing more than 12 million and plunging Sudan into the “biggest humanitarian crisis ever recorded” according to the International Rescue Committee.

Date
2025.02.08 / 19:50
Author
Axar.az
See also

Turkiye: No military delegation was present at Abu al-Duhur

Russian military losses updated on day 1639

4.2-magnitude earthquake hits Kyrgyzstan

Former Israeli PM condemns Netanyahu’s Turkiye strategy

Hemmati: Iran’s oil exports effectively halted

Turkish troops set to deploy at Syrian airbase

Kyiv declares 21 August day of mourning

More than 100 dead after goldmine collapses in Africa - Video

Truck hits Armenian soldiers, killing one and injuring six

Israel warns Turkiye against military expansion in Syria

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla