
Strong earthquake strikes Myanmar
4 April 23:54
Home page World |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Iran has ordered military personnel to leave Yemen, abandoning its Houthi allies as the US escalates an air strike campaign against the rebel group.
Axar.az reports citing Telegraph, a senior Iranian official said the move aimed to avoid direct confrontation with the US if an Iranian soldier was killed.
The official said Iran was also scaling back its strategy of supporting a network of regional proxies to focus on the direct threats from the US instead.
Tehran’s primary concern, the source said, was “Trump and how to deal with him”.
“Every meeting is dominated by discussions about him, and none of the regional groups we previously supported are being discussed,” the source said.
Read the full article here.
Date
2025.04.04 / 15:38
|
Author
Axar.az
|