UP

Spanish football holds minute's silence for Istanbul

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Spanish football holds minute's silence for Istanbul

Spain's top football league 'LaLiga' will hold a minute's silence in memory of Saturday's deadly terror attack victims in Istanbul.

According to official press statement from 'LaLiga', a minute's silence will be observed ahead of the "LaLiga Santander Matchday 15 and LaLiga 1/2/3 Matchday 18 matches scheduled for 11 and 12 December, in memory of the victims of last night's two terrorist attacks close to the Besiktas stadium in Istanbul, Turkey."

"LaLiga would like to express its abhorrence of any type of violence and show its support and solidarity with the victims and families directly affected by this barbaric act. These acts of violence have no place in the world of sport, or any other sphere," the statement added.

The decision is already underway as a minute's silence was observed at Eibar - Alaves match that ended 0-0.

On Saturday evening, a first explosion occurred outside a football stadium in Istanbul's Besiktas district when a car bomb was detonated two hours after the end of a Turkish league football match between Besiktas and Bursaspor.

The second one -- a suicide bomb attack -- came just seconds later in Macka Park in the same neighborhood. The suicide bomber blew himself up after police noticed him, according to the interior minister.

The terror attacks left 38 people martyred, including 30 riot police officers and 7 civilians. One body has not been identified yet. Over 150 others were wounded in the attacks.

A total of 13 suspects have been arrested so far.

Date
2016.12.11 / 22:48
Author
Axar.az
See also

Supreme Court strikes down most of Trump's tariffs

US jets intercept Russian planes near Alaska

Saudi Crown Prince hints at bomb if Iran goes nuclear

Trump says he is considering limited military strike on Iran

Iran to submit draft proposal in days, says Araghchi

Ukrainian losses updated on the 1,458th day of the war

Europe’s main military powers to develop low-cost air-defense

UN says it risks halting Somalia aid due to funding cuts

Japanese leader Takaichi warns of China 'coercion'

UK foreign minister will meet Rubio

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla