UP

Campaign solely for chemical weapons not enough

Home page World
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Campaign solely for chemical weapons not enough

President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Monday criticized that joint air and missile strikes targeting the Assad regime in Syria came only after the alleged chemicals weapons use in Douma, while millions have been killed or displaced during the seven-year-long bloody conflict.

Axar.az informs citing DS.

"I wonder how many people that these imperial powers taken in from Syria during process. Well, they did not take any. But Turkey harbors 3.5 million people," Erdogan said at the Global Entrepreneurship Congress in Istanbul.

"But what did they do? They came and struck, citing chemical weapons. Those children [hit by chemical weapons] come to us. I see the conditions that those children are in, others don't. The only thing they insist on is that 'we have struck due to the use of chemical weapons.' Why do you only consider chemical weapons, why don't you consider conventional weapons? If one died due to chemical weapons use, 10 others died by conventional weapons. [They] just look at those who were killed with chemical weapons. Is this justice?" Erdogan said.

The U.S., the U.K. and France hit Syria with airstrikes early on Saturday in response to a suspected poison gas attack that killed more than 70 civilians last week, in the biggest intervention yet by Western powers against Syrian regime leader Bashar Assad.

Turkey has supported the airstrikes in Syria, and almost all messages urged for a political solution, reshaping Syria's future without regime involvement and international determination against the use of violence against civilians rather than conducting a single and limited action.

"When it comes to words, they say 'peace, peace, peace.' How is this peace? You come and strike there and then talk about peace. Let's be honest, let's be sincere. We say, come and lay the foundations of a new peace in the world together. Let's not randomly shower barrel bombs on these countries."

Date
2018.04.16 / 15:44
Author
Axar.az
See also

Bessen: Major US military actions against Iran unlikely

Death toll in Zimbabwe ferry accident rises to 97

US approves possible $4.5B sale of KC-46A tankers to Qatar

Seven countries condemn Israel’s E1 settlement plan

Iran condemns new US sanctions as economic terrorism

Drone debris sparks fire at Kyiv business center

47 killed in boat capsizing in northwestern Nigeria

Moscow awaits US, Turkiye response on Ukraine arms

Houthis claim attacks on Najran airport, Aramco facility

Extreme heat kills more than 4,400 people in Spain

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla