Axar.az
UP

Axar.Az Logo

North Korea fires 2 suspected short-range missiles

Home page Army
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

It comes just days after reports surfaced that Pyongyang had fired short-range projectiles into the ocean from the DPRK's east cost in what is understood to be its first missile launch in 18 months.

Axar.az reports citing foreign media that, North Korea has launched two suspected short-range missiles, South Korea's military command reported on Thursday.

Earlier in the day, the South's Joint Chiefs of Staff announced that an unidentified projectile was fired at about 4:30 p.m. (7:30 GMT) from northwest North Korea toward the east.

Last week, the North fired a number of rockets and at least one short-range ballistic missile from the coastal city of Wonsan into the ocean.

North Korean state media confirmed that leader Kim Jong-un had overseen live-fire drills of long-range multiple rocket launchers and a new short-range missile. North Korean officials said the drills were part of routine military training and were not meant to aggravate the situation in the region.

The test marked the first time the North had fired a missile since November 2017, when it launched an intercontinental ballistic missile eastward over northern Japan.

Pyongyang paused its nuclear and ballistic missile tests last April amid a thaw in relations between Pyongyang and both Seoul and Washington. North Korea has since taken part in several rounds of peace talks and dismantled purported key test sites for its missile and nuclear weapons programmes.

The latest round of de-nuclearisation negotiations between North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and US President Donald Trump stalled in February. Trump explained that North Korea demanded a complete sanctions relief in exchange for only partial de-nuclearisation, although Pyongyang insisted that Kim asked for removal of some of the sanctions. Trump said last month that a third summit with Kim would be good, but no meeting has been officially scheduled so far.

Date
2019.05.09 / 15:59
Author
Axar.az
Comments
See also

The bodies of 7 Armenian soldiers and 1 "civilian" found

List of servicemen who died as Shehids in Karabakh

In total, 1239 bodies of Armenian soldiers found

Zakir Hasanov didn't give this authority to the commission

Special forces of 3 fraternal countries are gathering

Zakir Hasanov met with the Ambassador of Japan

Zakir Hasanov met with the Iranian ambassador

Armenian military prosecutor arrives in Azerbaijan

Weapons left by the enemy were found in Sugovushan

Peacekeepers build 5 more block modules in Karabakh

Latest
 
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla