UP

Pashinyan about separatists: 'They fled Karabakh'

Home page Politics
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto
Pashinyan about separatists: 'They fled Karabakh'

Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan said on Thursday, citing intelligence data, claims that they (the so-called regime in Karabakh – ed.) fought until the very end in Karabakh are a myth.

Axar.az informs speaking at a press briefing, Pashinyan said that up to 90% of the Karabakh military arsenal remained unused, according to intelligence assessments.

He added that discussions held at Armenia’s Security Council produced findings that contradict claims that resistance in Karabakh was sustained “until the very end” in September 2023.

“I would prefer not to address this topic, but I want to say that after the 2023 events, a meeting of the Security Council of the Republic of Armenia was held, where the outcomes of the military operations were analyzed. Without being able to disclose much, I want to note that claims about fighting and so on are, to put it mildly, not consistent with reality, because according to data available to our intelligence—and not only intelligence—the vast majority of the available weapons and ammunition, perhaps 80% or even 90%, remained untouched,” Pashinyan said.

The Prime Minister also referred to preceding political processes, noting that prior to the military actions, an opportunity had been created for political solutions; however, according to him, certain representatives of Karabakh’s leadership obstructed that process.

He did not rule out that additional data related to the 2023 events could be made public if necessary.

“As for these myths that they fought to the end and so on—if necessary, we will declassify that data. I am confident that this issue will unfold in due course; we will let it develop properly so that, as in the Nagorno-Karabakh negotiation process, I can make the right decision at the right moment and publish everything. It is false; no such thing happened. They fled, they escaped,” Pashinyan said, clarifying that he does not blame the people of Karabakh and that all accusations are directed at the Karabakh “elite.”

Date
2026.03.26 / 19:16
Author
Axar.az
See also

Gafarova departs for Russia to attend CIS IPA meetings

Azerbaijan, UN-Habitat launch Baku Urban Award

Bayramov meets EU official Olaf Skoog in Baku

Leadership of Ministry of Defense visits Turkiye

Azerbaijan, Pakistan discuss economic cooperation

Putin arrives in China for official visit

Bayramov holds talks with Sudanese Foreign Minister

NGO Forum held at Azerbaijan's initiative for first time

Aliyev awarded honorary doctorate by Kyiv University

Ilham Aliyev receives Slovak Deputy Prime Minister

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla