Axar.az
UP

Bomb explosion kills 50 people

Home page Incident
12 Punto 14 Punto 16 Punto 18 Punto

A minimum of 50 people died in a bomb explosion in Afghanistan’s eastern Nangarhar province on Tuesday, TOLONews channel reported in Twitter quoting a deputy president of the provincial Council.

Nangarhar public healthcare department said the explosion had carried away 30 lives.

Channel One TV said earlier 25 people had died and another 60 had been wounded.

A spokesman for the governor of the province said a suicide bomber had set an explosive device off in a crowd of protesters who had gathered for a demonstration in Momand Dara district. They were going to demand dismissal of the commander of the police force in Achin located near Momand Dara.

Reports earlier on Tuesday spoke about a chain of explosions near three schools in Nangarhar. AFP said an explosion near a school in Jalalabad, the capital of the province, killed a boy and left four adults injured.

None of the terrorist groupings operating in Afghanistan claimed responsibility for the Momand Dara explosion by the time this report went on wire. The Taliban radical movement said it had nothing to do with the terrorist act.

Date
2018.09.11 / 17:24
Author
Axar.az
Comments
See also

Hasanov met with Selchuk Bayraktar

Turkish ship burned off the coast of Russia

A rocket hit Odessa: there are dead

Violent explosion in Kabul: 50 dead

The fire is spreading in Sumgayit

Earthquake hit Turkey

The Bucha massacre affected the position of Nevsky

Jabrayil: An armed group opened fire on our border guards

The Ukrainian poet was killed in a battle

French car-burning returns for New Years' Eve

Latest
Xocalı soyqırımı — 1992-ci il Bağla
Bize yazin Bağla
ArxivBağla